Modifies, develops, tests and maintains applications. Helps evaluate application systems, processes and requirements, makes changes to those systems and maintains them where necessary.
Scope of the Job
The role will be based out of PCMS House, Coventry.
As a member of Development & Professional Services (DPS), you will work on Customer Projects and/or the DPS Core Product delivery team. You will provide support to the Development Project Manager to work within your team modifying, developing, testing and maintaining application systems.
- Work as part of a project team to develop and test enterprise-ready business applications in a variety of configurations (e.g. web-based, desktop-based, service-based or scheduled processes)
- Help produce brand new solutions, solutions based upon third-party applications, or solutions that interact with existing legacy systems. Is aware of, prepared to learn and follow industry best-practice when developing applications.
- Use programming languages and tools (generally) around the Java platform
- Work with Business Analysts to specify business requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical specifications (including Class, Sequence and other UML diagrams)
- Help Database Developers write efficient and effective database access code
- Work with QA Analysts to implement testing plans and write the necessary code to automate testing in line with our Test-Driven Development methodology
- Work with customers and project managers to deliver quality, effective software, in line with our Agile Development process
- Help diagnose the root causes of systems issues using their problem solving skills
- Help research and evaluate potential technical solutions to business problems
You will report directly to a Development Project Manager.
Relating to people externally
These are, but not limited to:
- PCMS Customer Base
- PCMS Business Partners
Relating to people internally
- All DPS Teams
- Other PCMS departments as required
Receives direct but not constant supervision from Project Leaders (e.g. Development leads, Project Managers), Senior Developers and departmental management.
Generally none, but may assist Entry Level Developers.
To apply for this role
Please fill in the form and attach your CV.