Our company and culture
We love our culture – it has helped us achieve some amazing things. We will nurture and protect it. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleagues’ and customers’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. We are more concerned about contribution than job title and we encourage collaboration and openness.
We are all happy to roll our sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace – our aim is to delight our customers’. We move quickly, we are proud of our success and even more excited about the future.
All of this is reflected in our company values: customer focus, transparency, innovative, collaborative and empowered.
You’ll be supporting your colleagues in the Finance team in providing a comprehensive finance service to the business.
We’ll be looking for you to demonstrate the following behaviours/competencies:
- Interacting with others
- Persuasiveness and influencing
- Communicating information
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Achieving results
- Achievement motivation
- Customer focus
- Business sense
- Managing oneself
- Professional competence
- Analysing, understanding and using information
- Information collection
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports including analysis and commentary for the management team as and when required.
- Reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with bank and cash reconciliation to enable the Finance Controller to review the Company accounting records.
- Preparing bank transaction and postings to sales, purchase and general ledger.
- Providing cover for colleagues on leave to include sales ledger and purchase ledger administration.
- Assisting in producing cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting in producing analysis of profit and loss account items, general ledger accounts and stock control accounts.
- Assisting with the End of Year reconciliation process.
- Processing employee expense claims through Concur Expenses, including checking supporting receipts and deductions and analysing customer recharges. Completion of expense coding vouchers and posting to general ledger system.
- Assisting in producing monthly staff expense payment reconciliations and escalate to Financial Controller where necessary.
- Assisting in the analysis and processing of credit card expenses.
- Supporting the Accounts Assistants with processing of sales and purchase invoices.
- Assisting with cost centre costs analysis, profitability of contracts and deferred revenue calculations.
- Meeting with budget holders on a monthly basis to discuss the performance of their profit and loss accounts, highlighting and explaining key variances and helping to work out the impact these variances may have on full year performance.
- Assisting in the annual budget setting process and forecasting activities that take place throughout the financial year.
We want our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill typically required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.
Skills and experience
You will need to bring:
- Proven experience of working at accountant level and have a thorough understanding of financial operations.
- Demonstrable experience of working with accountancy systems and software in a finance function with knowledge of sales, purchase and general ledger.
- A willingness to work towards CIMA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of various Microsoft packages including intermediate knowledge of Excel i.e. pivot tables, macros, ‘sum if’ statements etc.
- Self-motivation and willing to use own initiative as will be required to work without close supervision.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst still paying attention to detail.
- Commercial Awareness.
We’d like it if you could bring:
- Ideally fully or part CIMA qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Experience of Concur Expense System.
- Hours of work – 37.5 per week
- Working Pattern – 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Location – Coventry, United Kingdom
To apply for this role
Please fill in the form and attach your CV.