Our company and culture
We love our culture – it has helped us achieve some amazing things. We will nurture and protect it. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleagues’ and customers’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. We are more concerned about contribution than job title and we encourage collaboration and openness.
We all have a ‘can do’ approach and are all happy to roll our sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace – our aim is to delight our customers. We move quickly, we are proud of our success and even more excited about the future.
You will work with some of the largest retailers in the world. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of existing and new cutting edge retail solutions to address mobility, high volume systems and big data challenges. Working within an Agile/Scrum methodology you will take an active role in daily stand up, planning, retrospective meetings as well as using pair programming and techniques like TDD and CI/CD.
You should be a hands-on person with a positive “can-do” attitude who wants to work collaboratively to deliver an excellent service to our customers.
In addition, we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the desire to learn and improve their skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working as part of cross functional, passionate agile project team to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Supporting in the production of brand new solutions, solutions based upon third-party applications, or solutions that interact with existing legacy systems. Is aware of, prepared to learn and follow industry best-practice when developing applications.
- Using programming languages and tools (generally) around the Java platform.
- Working with Business Analysts to specify business requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical specifications (including Class, Sequence and other UML diagrams).
- Helping Database Developers write efficient and effective database access code.
- Working with QA Analysts to implement testing plans and write the necessary code to automate testing in line with our Test-Driven Development methodology.
- Working with customers and project managers to deliver quality, effective software, in line with our Agile Development process.
- Helping diagnose the root causes of systems issues using their problem solving skills.
- Helping research and evaluate potential technical solutions to business problems.#
- Automating documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results.
- Ensuring all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality.
- Using appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering team, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required.
We want our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill typically required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.
Skills and experience
Candidates must have knowledge of some of these:
- Java (Junit, Mockito)
- Spring core/web/remoting/boot
- SQL / MyBatis
- MongoDB or NoSQL document stores
- Ionic / Cordova / Angular
We’d really like it as well if you could bring some knowledge of:
- Atlassian Stack
- Cloud environments (private / public cloud)
- Hours of work – 37.5 per week
- Working Pattern – 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Location – Coventry, United Kingdom
To apply for this role
Please fill in the form and attach your CV.