Our company and culture
We love our culture – it has helped us achieve some amazing things. We will nurture and protect it. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleagues’ and customers’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun, professional and supportive, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. We are more concerned about contribution than job title and we encourage collaboration and openness.
We are all happy to roll our sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace – our aim is to delight our customers. We move quickly, we are proud of our success and even more excited about the future.
Supporting new business – pre-sales
As a member of the IT Solutions Architects Team, you will take leadership for the definition and design of technically innovative IT solutions, ensuring at all times that these solutions are considered not only from a technology viewpoint but also from a service perspective.
You will define and design new products and services at a pre-sales level with a holistic view of the solution, the service and the costs.
Design new products and services
You may, from time to time, also be accountable and be required to take responsibility for defining non-IT and business-related solutions.
You will act as a solution consultant throughout the life cycle of the projects, ensuring solution & service product deliveries are in-line with original design/vision. Within the project work streams, you will act as a technical advisor to the delivery teams.
You will aid the development of technical and operational service related roadmaps underpinned by clearly defined business benefits.
You will act as the key point of contact and represent the IT Services Architecture Team in both projects and BAU operations, taking responsibility for some of our key accounts at a solution level and supporting the account management team in service delivery and review.
You will be the point of escalation for your solution during the course of a given project and will be required to support other technical project team members to move issues and problems forward.
Design On-going Enhancements to Product and Services
You will be required to provide solutions for the enhancements of existing products and services in order to maintain stability and function for, often, critical business applications.
You will provide solutions to the PCMS continuous technical improvement plan using new technologies or enhancing existing technologies to achieve.
BAU/tier-4 Architectural Support
You will be required to support ‘Business As Usual‘ operational services and governance within the team. You will be able to offer leadership in situations which need a holistic view of a solution, typically as part of incident or problem analysis.
You will act as the key point of contact for managed services architecture working with all PCMS IT services teams, the wider PCMS departments and customer base to aid the technical communication, to all operational levels, and aid the definition and delivery of business/customer strategy through programme & project work streams.
You will be accountable for supporting project budgets ensuring accuracy and value for the business.
You will provide accurate costs of ownership and investment to support PCMS and customer projects, technical and operational service roadmaps.
You will support the Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Solutions Architecture during new business tendering processes.
You should be a hands-on person with a positive “can-do” attitude who wants to work collaboratively to deliver an excellent service to our customers.
In addition, we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Creating the Vision
- Modelling the Way
- Achieving Results
- Encouraging Collaboration
- Interacting with Others
- Persuasiveness and Influencing
- Motivating others
- Managing the Team
- Building/Maintaining team resources
- Planning and organising
- Developing the Team
- Achieving Results
- Achievement motivation
- Customer focus
- Business sense
- Customer Focus
- Analysing, understanding and using information
- Critical faculty
- Problem Analysis and Resolution
- Information collection
- Numerical interpretation
- Taking strategic perspectives and decisions
- Organisational awareness
- Strategic vision
- Change orientated
- Communicating information
- Oral and Written Communication
- Managing oneself
- Professional/Technical competence
- Building networks
Responsibilities will include:
- Define and promote the PCMS Managed Services portfolio both within PCMS and externally to customers.
- Define and promote new IT products and Operational Services to increase the PCMS Managed Services Portfolio
- Assist the Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Solutions Architecture in driving the PCMS and customer vision
- Provide clear, precise and accurate design specifications/blueprints to support business and customer strategy
- Ensure all technical solutions and operational services are cost-effective and add value to the business
- Effectively present and demonstrate technical & operational service designs to both PCMS and Customers
- Ensure that systems architectures are functionally balanced, provide quality of service and can deliver operational services based on system management requirements.
- Throughout the project delivery lifecycle develop the technical delivery elements and identify service requirements, based on your solution, in order that your solution is fit for purpose and ready for service.
- Provide Infrastructure & Operational Service solutions for pre-sales proposals
- Support effective project controls in line with Prince2 and Agile Best Practices
- Support project readiness gates in line with Prince2, Agile and the PCMS Project Methodology
- Ensure Change Management process adhere too
- Ensure projects and solutions are underpinned by ITIL principles
- Associated tasks as required by your line manager.
- This is not an exhausted list of duties and the post holder may be requested to undertake additional duties as required
We want our people to embrace opportunities and to grow with our business. Although this is a general summary of the principle responsibilities of the role and the level of knowledge and skill typically required, you may get involved in other activities and you should therefore not consider this to be an exhaustive list.
Skills and experience
You will need to bring:
- Understanding of leading IT solutions and trends
- Understanding of current and emerging IT service technologies & best practices
- Experience of designing IT solutions & IT operational services
- Experience of working in a Data-Centre / Managed IT Services background
- Experience in full development life-cycle
- Experience of pre-sales, RFQ, RFP processes
- Depth and breadth of technical/functional knowledge in major IT vendor hardware & software solutions:
- With a specific focus on virtualisation, networking and cloud technologies
- Effective problem solver
- Experienced in defining £3k to £1.5m IT Solutions
- Risk & Issue Management
- Experienced in leading technical scoping workshops and creating detailed IT delivery plans to technical specifications and blueprints
- Ability to communicate with people from all levels within both the customer and PCMS business in order to achieve specific objectives
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to present to customers and colleagues at all levels and tailor content to audience needs.
- A strong influencer with the ability to quickly establish rapport with customers.
- Work under own initiative and effective team player with the ability to network and build effective working relationships
We’d like it if you could bring:
- ITIL Foundation
- Technical Accreditation e.g. CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, CISP
- Architecture framework such as TOGAF
- PCI Compliance
- ISO 9001 QMS
- Hours of work – 37.5 per week
- Working Pattern – 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Location – Coventry, United Kingdom
- Travel – some global travel may be required
- Driving Licence required
To apply for this role
Please fill in the form and attach your CV.